Accucold's MED2 series puts the most commonly requested features into a quality line of all-refrigerators and freezers specially designed to store vaccines and other sensitive materials in medical, scientific, pharmaceutical, and laboratory institutions. The FFAR10MED2 is an upright all-refrigerator sized in a convenient 24" footprint. The top-mounted control panel allows users to adjust and monitor the temperature without opening the door, with a keyed lock included towards the top of the door for convenient access. A hospital grade 'green dot' cord offers added safety in high traffic environments. As recommended by the CDC and VFC programs, the FFAR10MED2 is equipped with a NIST calibrated thermometer that displays the current, minimum, and maximum temperatures to the nearest tenth of a degree with a readout viewable in Celsius or Fahrenheit. Each FFAR10MED2 ships with a certificate of calibration for your records. The thermometer includes an audible alarm to warn users if the interior has gone out of the programmed temperature range. The buffered temperature probe is encased in a glycol-filled bottle and secured inside the center shelf to best simulate the temperature of other stored contents, resulting in the utmost accuracy for temperature reporting. We include a pre-installed 3/8" probe hole for users who wish to install additional monitoring equipment. The generous 10.1 cu.ft. interior capacity includes adjustable wire shelves for optimum circulation, with one center fixed shelf to keep the temperature probe in place. The flat door liner allows you access deeper storage space, holding trays up to 19 1/2" x 16." This unit includes an energy efficient LED interior light on an on/off rocker switch for added visibility. Two internal fans ensure the interior is evenly cooled from top to bottom. All MED2 series units are assembled in the USA from domestic and imported components. We offer stacking kits that allow you to combine this refrigerator with a compact freezer. The FFAR10MED2 can also be customized with additional features, including a USB temperature logger with a digital display. Contact our product specialists to learn more. Products in the MED2 series come with a two year warranty on parts and labor and a five year warranty on the compressor. *NOTE: This unit's thermostat is pre-set for Celsius. If you prefer Fahrenheit, add complimentary option DTMEDF or let your sales representative know upon order. NOTE: Accucold refrigerators are purpose-built to the support meeting the current CDC (Centers for Disease Control) guidelines for the storage of vaccines. At this time, Accucold refrigerators have not been evaluated to the new NSF 456 standard. As referenced in the current Vaccine Storage and Handling Toolkit, these units incorporate microprocessor controls and forced air circulation for stable operation between 2 and 8 C. For additional temperature assurance, the CDC recommends a calibrated digital data logger (DDL), which can be added with the factory-installed option DL2B or addition of the DL2BKit accessory.
- Designed and engineered to store vaccines and other sensitive materials under stable temperature conditions
- Digital microprocessor for easy and precise temperature management, with all controls externally located for added convenience
- Audible alarm sounds if the interior temperature rises or falls out of set range
- Alarm includes continuous NIST calibrated display of the current interior and high/low temperature, and can be switched from Celsius to Fahrenheit at the touch of a button
- Thermometer probe is encased in a glycol-filled bottle and stored in a fixed box on the center shelf. This is the ideal way to produce temperature readings closest to stored contents, as recommended by the CDC and VFC's guidelines
- Keyed lock conveniently located towards the top of the door for added security (2 keys included)
- Reduced maintenance with auto defrost system
- Fan-forced cooling ensures the unit is evenly cooled from top to bottom
- Secure three-pronged cord for added unit safety in high traffic areas
- Rearrange refrigerator space to accommodate all sizes or remove shelves for simple cleanup
- Interior design conforms to CDC guidelines to ensure stable conditions for sensitive materials
- Efficient lighting for the interior controlled by an on/off rocker switch that allows the user to manage the display
- Unit comes with a factory installed probe hole for users to connect their own monitoring equipment
- Quality design ensures efficiently insulated interior
- Quality door gaskets ensure a tight seal for energy savings and improved performance
- This unit comes with a two-year limited warranty on parts & labor and five-year warranty on the compressor
- Standard unit ships with a right hand door swing. For a left hand door swing, add option LHD upon order (due to its construction, this door is not reversible in the field)
- Environmentally friendly design with no ozone-damaging chemicals
|Height of Cabinet
|56.75" (144 cm)
|23.63" (60 cm)
|23.5" (60 cm)
|Depth with Handle
|24.75" (63 cm)
|Depth with door at 90°
|45.5" (116 cm)
|10.1 cu.ft. (286 L)
|US Electrical Safety
|Canadian Electrical Safety
|Other Energy Info
|120 Volts / 60 Hz.
|140.0 lbs. (64 kg)
|150.0 lbs. (68 kg)
|Parts & Labor Warranty
|High Side PSI
|Low Side PSI
|Level Legs Qty
|2 C to 8 C
|48.25" (123 cm)
|20.5" (52 cm)
|17.75" (45 cm)
|Compressor Step Height
|6.25" (16 cm)
|Compressor Step Width
|20.0" (51 cm)
|Compressor Step Depth
|5.5" (14 cm)
Energy Star Rated:
10.1 (cu. ft.)
Fresh Food Capacity:
10.1 (cu. ft.)
Professional delivery and installation is available for every product we sell. We would be happy to coordinate delivery and installation for you. See pricing in the shopping cart.
Includes 12 months warranty on parts and labor and an additional 6 months for parts.
Extended warranties are usually very inexpensive and can save you thousands in the future.
Some can even cover extra costs that result, such as cost of food that spoils when your fridge dies.
It's simple and inexpensive to purchase extended warranties and one of the smartest ways to protect your investment.
can be large, heavy and expensive. You probably don't have the special tools or expertise needed to fix them in a crisis. If you can spare a few thousand dollars without batting an eyelash for new
should they break tomorrow, don't buy a warranty. But if you're like most of us, protect yourself by purchasing inexpensive extended warranties when you buy a new product and save yourself big money in the long run.